Winter melon 1/2 kg (ash gourd)
Turmeric powder 1/2tsp
Pinch of red chili powder
Salt to taste
Grated coconut 1 cup
Green chilly 4 - 5 no
Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Dried red chilies 2 broken
Fenugreek seeds ¼ tsp
Oil 1 tsp
Curry Leaves 1 stem
1. Cut ash gourd into pieces. Cook it with some water, salt, turmeric
powder & chili powder (water just to cover the vegetables ) cover .
with lid. Cook till done
2. Make a fine paste out of coconut, cumin seeds, green chills and curd.
3. Add this to cooked vegetable.
4. When it just start to boil, remove from fire.( few minutes would be enough).
5. Finally for seasoning, take another pan, pour oil, splutter mustard seeds, add dried chilies, fenugreek seeds, put curry leaves, and add this to the curry & mix well
. You could try this also with yam, cucumber, raw bananas or
without any vegetables.