1. Raw rice 500 g
2. Yeast 2 g
3. Sugar 50 g or to taste
4. Salt to taste
5. Coconut 1
6. Cumin 5 g
7. Small onions (sliced) 10
8. Curry leaves (chopped) 2 sprigs
9. Garlic (crushed) 5 cloves
10. Coconut oil 20 ml
• Grind the soaked raw rice to a smooth paste. The batter should be thick, but of pouring consistency.
• Dilute the yeast in 15 ml luke warm water and 10 g of sugar and mix to the ground batter.
• Mix in the sugar and salt to the batter and allow 6 to 8 hours to ferment.
• Mix in the grated coconut, garlic, curry leaves, small onion and check for salt and sugar. Keep aside for half an hour.
• Heat dosa pan, sprinkle oil, and pour one ladle full of batter and cookfor one minute in slow fire.
• Turn the side and cook till golden brown colour.
• Sprinkling a few drops of ghee before serving will add to the taste and flavour.